Sunday, April 3, 2011

Proud

My sister is awesome for so many different reasons, but one recent reason she is awesome is because she completed her first 5K last Saturday. I started this whole Couch to 5K thing and got her to do it, too. She works... and has two kids... and she stuck with this thing and found time 3 days a week to go for her runs when she had all kinds of excuses to get out of doing it. Last Saturday she RAN (not walked, not walked/ran a little) in the Rumpshaker here in Birmingham. This is a 5K that raises money for colon cancer research. There were tons of people there and I was so excited to pick her up and take her down to Sloss Furnace where the race was. Robert brought the girls and my parents came with our good friends the Beasleys, so we were all there at the finish line to cheer for her. She finished in 33:54, which is about an 11 minute mile, which is awesome! I am so stinkin' proud of her and so glad that I got to be there to cheer her on.

No comments:

Post a Comment