Monday, September 6, 2010

Don't Waste Your Time

I should know by now that most books that have been deemed "New York Times Bestsellers" are probably not for me. I have chosen many books over the years based on this criteria and more often than not I have been disappointed.

My recent choice was based on hype, recommendations, and the buzz about it being turned into a movie. So, I went out and bought my copy of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and was prepared for a "thrilling page-turner". One of my friends that had read it forewarned me that it was slow in the beginning, but to give it time and then I wouldn't be able to put it down. Well, apparently this meant that I needed to give it 422 pages out of 644 and then I would be hooked. I am also really bad about not wanting to abandon a book, so even if I am not loving it, I will keep reading. Well, I finally finished it last week. Of course at the end they have an excerpt from the second book in the series, which caught my interest immediately. Do I dare try another book in this series?

No comments:

Post a Comment