Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Church of the Highlands!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Church of the Highlands, Happy Birthday to You!

Ten years ago this amazing church was launched and I am so thankful for all of the ways God has poured out His blessings on this church. In celebration of Highlands 10th Birthday I will tell you the top then things I love most about my church.

1. My church is life-giving. Experiencing worship at Highlands is incredible because you can literally feel the presence of the Lord so strongly. When people ask me about my church I usually start out by telling them that it is "alive."

2. My church has strengthened and challenged my faith through the messages.

3. My church has inspired me to do great things for God's kingdom through service.

4. My church has introduced me to some amazing new friends through small groups.

5. My church is fun! This church makes God accessible to anyone and everyone.

6. My church is home. I was fortunate enough to be raised in some wonderful churches and youth groups. When I went to college I struggled to find that "connection", but I have found a home at Highlands.

7. My church is focused on serving and worshipping God, not on judging others or scaring them into following Jesus.

8. My church is full of smiling faces and encouraging people. I feel so excited and refreshed when I step foot in the door.

9. My church is real and transparent. Pastor Chris is honest and authentic in his messages. He talks about his own struggles, his family, and things he is seeking the Lord in prayer for.

10. My church makes sure to give God all the glory for everything He has blessed us with over the past 10 years. "To God be the glory, great things He has done."

I am so thankful to be a part of this incredible church and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us over the next 10 years!

1 comment: