Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Weight Update

Well, I am back on track with Weight Watchers and I am doing their new PointsPlus system. I joined online last week and have been religiously tracking my points. I have lost some, but I am not sure if it is really the best plan quite yet. The focus is now on low-carb choices. You no longer use calories in calculating points. The new system is based on fat, carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. My main issues thus far are the fact that I get 40 points a day. Yes, 40. On the old plan I got 26. Certain foods have increased in points, so I am sure it all evens out in the end, but it seems like way too many points to be losing weight. I am also mad that wine has gone from 2 points per serving (they say 4 oz., which is like a gulp) to 4 points per serving. Anyway, not sure if that makes me an alchy or not, but it seems a little excessive points-wise.

I will be starting Week 4 of the Couch to 5K plan tomorrow, and so far I LOVE it! I never ever thought I would say that, but I have really enjoyed it. The podcasts from www.runningintoshape.com make it fun and easy to follow. They are so fun I have actually had to fight the urge to sing out loud, clap, or smack my butt on certain songs. I also have found myself giggling when I realize that I have started strutting on the treadmill when Britney Spears "Gimme More" comes on the playlist. Within the first week or so my knees were really hurting, but they have gotten better. So all in all, things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment