Friday, July 15, 2011

Camp Smile-A-Mile

School got out, my parents moved in, and then summer started and I hit the ground running. I had a week at home and then headed back to Camp Smile-A-Mile June 5 - 11. I had the same camper again this summer and was amazed at how much she has grown over the past year. We had a great time and, as always, I had a perspective adjustment. How can you not focus on all you have to be thankful for when you are surrounded by CHILDREN who are battling cancer? The week consisted of swimming, dancing, cooking, archery, paintball, basketball, snorkeling, make-overs, and a visit from Aubie and some Auburn football players. The kids had an amazing week and I am blessed to have been a part of it! The above picture is my camper, Darby, and me before the Superhero Dance. I was "SuperCam" and she was "Super Darby".

No comments:

Post a Comment