Friday, July 1, 2011

See Merty Run (#3 - Check)

Ok... I'm back. As you all know, one of the things on my list this year was to run a 5K. In January I started doing the "Couch to 5K" running program. I feel as though I did make it off the couch, but not quite to the 5K (seeing as Karli promised I would be able to run 3 miles after my 9 week program with her). My sister and I did a 5K together in April. She found one for us to do together in Auburn on April 16. My 5K was more of a fast-paced walk/burst out in a run for a few minutes at a time. I finished in 42:45. The key words there were "I finished." We had a great time doing this together and it was quite the accomplishment. Now, on my list I said "run a 5K" (my sister kindly pointed out that I kind of screwed myself on the wording), but I am counting this anyway! After finishing the first 5K I (stupidly) thought, "Oh, let's do that again!" and so I signed up for another one. So, on May 14 I did the Zoo Run in Birmingham with my friend, Julie. I think I ran approximately one time between these 2 races, so I was pretty nervous about walking/running again. But, I actually ended up doing better and finished in 40:34.

No comments:

Post a Comment