Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Plan

As you know, I am on a continuous weight loss journey (this is my new catch phrase because I think of diets as temporary).  Here is the latest:
  • I am co-leading a small group this semester with my friend, Kristie.  We are doing a book study of a great book called Lose It for Life.  It addresses the spiritual, emotional, and physical elements of weight loss.  So far it has been great.  We have a group of about 15 ladies that we meet with on Monday nights and God is really bringing some things out in each of us that will hopefully allow us to see lasting success that we have not been able to see before.
  • I have also started trying to become a little more educated about food and how it fuels our bodies.  Which foods give us the most fuel?  What are foods that I should get rid of?  How can I change my lifestyle and not just start a new diet that will last a few months at most?  I have been doing a no flour, no sugar program, which has been good so far.  I am now moving into a whole/organic/clean approach that focuses mainly on getting rid of foods that have sugar (especially high fructose corn syrup), white flour (or any type of enriched or bleached flour).  It is geared more towards whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, etc.  I picked up Dr. Oz's book YOU: On a Diet this week for some guidance.  I have a friend that is going to follow this plan with me, so I am excited about having a buddy!  Since the start of the year I have lost about 17 pounds.  I have not seen much weight loss over the past few weeks, so I am hoping to see more results in the coming weeks because I tend to get discouraged and give up way to easy.  I had not been weighing, which I think I might go back to in order to stay focused on the right things and not just the number on the scale. 

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! I know clean eating is a hard transition because really, our whole upbringing was basically anything but clean eating (can I get some friend chicken and sweet tea here - thank you southern roots). You're doing great and I am so thankful to have a friend who is not only trying to be healthy, but is seeing things in the same light as I am. Totally God working and it's cool!

    ReplyDelete