Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Faith of a Child

A few days ago I found out that one of my students from this past year was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma.  He is one of the sweetest children I have had the privilege of teaching.  He often talked about his faith, how much he loves his family, and has such a kind spirit towards everyone around him.

I remember back in the fall when I was grading vocabulary tests and came across his answer that melted my heart.
Q: Recommend two things that would help a disheartened person.
A: Telling he/she it's gonna be ok or reading the Bible to them.

I was reminded of this as I was reading the journal postings on his Caring Bridge site earlier today and was not surprised when I read about his reaction to this news.  Click here to read about this amazing boy.

Please pray for Gregory and his family as they begin this journey together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment