Friday, March 19, 2010

Let The Sun Shine!

This week has been Spring Break for me. I had planned out all sorts of outdoor events to enjoy the beautiful spring-like weather. Today is Friday. Today is the first day this week there has been sun. Today is the first day this week I have experienced the aforementioned "spring-like weather". This morning I woke up to sun shining through the windows and scrambled to eat breakfast, do some laundry, and get outside to soak up some Vitamin D. As I started out the back door of my house, I found that the dead bolt was stuck. I turned and turned with all my might, but it would not budge. "What the heck?!? Finally it is sunny and I want to be outside, but here I stand trapped inside! Why me, why me?!?" After much drama, and a bent pair of pliers, I was freed. I now have a slight sunburn, but no longer feel like I am living on the set of Twilight in dreary Forks, Washington! Good thing, too because apparently a cold front is a comin with partly cloudy skies. I fully expect to see my good friend, the sun, again next week when I am stuck back inside my classroom... with 25 kids who have also been sun-deprived...who will be taking their standardized tests. I will be sure to keep the blinds closed, so we can't see what we are missing out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment