Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lesson for Today

I had dinner with a friend tonight and it was great to talk through some things God is teaching me right now. I am really trying to understand more about what it means to be obedient and dependent on God; what it means to completely trust in Him. I am having a hard time hearing God's voice, but we talked about the cliche saying that "actions speak louder than words" and how that really is true with God. He speaks to us through His word and through the words of others. So, even when I can't actually hear his deep voice (because in my mind He has a deep, grandpa-ish voice) I know that He is speaking to me in other ways... I just have to listen. God also speaks to me alot through music. Here are a few lines from a very random song (that I have not heard in years) that God has been bringing to mind lately:
"Let me know that you hear me, let me feel your touch, let me know that you love me, and let that be enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment