Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Movie Madness

So, I just finished reading The Lightning Thief with my class and (naively) suggested that we all go see the movie together when it comes out in February. They cheered in sheer delight at the idea of spending time with me outside of school (who wouldn't) and I patted myself on the back for being such a great teacher. Fast forward 24 hours to when I started to get questions like this:
Will we get to go during school? Uhm... No. It will probably be on a Saturday afternoon (preferably after happy hour).
Are you going to take us on a school bus? Hmmm... No (but now I do know that my special ed. teacher could handle that with her mad bus driving skills.)
Will you buy us all popcorn? Bahahaha... No, but feel free to sponsor me. I would also like some Sour Patch Kids and a large Diet Coke while you are up.
My mom offered to chaperone... That was so nice of her, but we won't need chaperones since ALL of your parents will be coming. NO drop-offs!
In all seriousness, I am really looking forward to seeing the movie and can't wait to see how many of my kids end up coming. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment