Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Totally Random Thoughts

Here are some of my recent extremely random thoughts that I wanted to share with you:
1. I think that God was getting bored with creating things when he got to cauliflower and honeydew. I feel that they are the red-headed stepchildren of fruits and vegetables. This is also the reason why I rarely order fruit as a side. Honeydew must be the cheapest of all fruits because most places load up on the green chunks while throwing in a cube of watermelon and a grape. Likewise, when you see "mixed vegetables" as a side you should ask what percentage will be made up of cauliflower. I would be willing to bet close to 96%.
2. Campaigning has overrun television commercials and the roadside. I am just about tired of hearing and seeing why I should vote for these folks. I have however been entertained by some of the candidates' names. Let's start with Young Boozer. No that is not a nickname he got from his fraternity brothers. That is his given name. Kind of hard for me to take you seriously, sir. This name also makes me think of a rapper, like Young Jeezy or Young Buck. I would have been more likely to vote for him had he performed a rap in his commercial, such as "My name be Young Booza, fool. I gon' get mo money fo yo school. Word".
The other guy that cracks me up is Slade Blackwell. This sounds like the name of either an American Gladiator or the villain in a children's book. I am physically unable to say his name in a normal voice. Every time I see one of his signs I must yell his name like he is entering a boxing ring.
3. Have you ever seen the show "Hoarders"? It is like a car wreck... you don't want to look, but you can't help it. I am fascinated by these people and how they justify saving everything. Now, let's face it, we all have the tendency to save things that really should be thrown out or donated to Goodwill. I still have clothes in my closet that I have not been able to wear in a decade, but I hold on to them thinking that eventually I can fit back in them. I also hang on to outdated clothes because I think they would make a great costume (since apparently I go to lots of costume parties). But, these people take this to a whole new level. One of my favorite quotes from an episode I saw yesterday was when this woman's son was helping her clean out her house. He moved a stack of boxes off the floor only to find the most enormous dust bunny I have ever seen. He picked it up and said, "This is not a dust bunny. It is more like a dust wolf." This woman had 57 birds. While watching this they showed a preview for another series on people with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Basically, after watching these shows I want to clean out my closets and then wash my hands 36 times.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part . . Young Booza! Never knew you could wield that Gangsta language.

    ReplyDelete