Saturday, August 14, 2010

Year Five

Wow! Time flies. I cannot believe this is the start of my fifth year teaching. It seems like just yesterday when I was meeting my first class and wondering what I had gotten myself into. Crazy to think those kids are starting their freshman year of high school.
Each class is totally different and it is always interesting to scope things out those first few days. I must say (knock on wood) this group seems wonderful! They are all so cute and sweet and seem excited to be at school. Now I know better than to think that will last until May, but I am really loving this group and getting to know them.
Monday we will actually start "school". These first two days were filled with labeling, touring, get to know you games, word searches, rules/procedures, etc. I am eager to get started with our normal routine and get into actually teaching. I am really looking forward to this year and I am excited to see how these kids will grow and learn!
When you think about it, shout out a prayer for me and my 26 students. Pray that God would give me patience, compassion, and knowledge. Pray that these kids would be eager to learn and work. Pray that God would give me His guidance in how to best encourage, motivate, and teach these kids. Pray that God would give me His love for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment