Monday, January 17, 2011

God is in the details

I have heard people say this before.... that God is in all the details of our lives, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant. I feel like God has really opened my eyes to this lately by making these moments unexplainable other than the fact that He truly is in all the details.

I was reminded of this last Tuesday morning. Two weeks ago I decided to go ahead and take the day off on Tuesday because I knew I would be up late watching the BCS National Championship game Monday night, and my mom was going to be keeping my two nieces on Tuesday because my sister was still going to be in Arizona, so I wanted to spend time with them. We ended up being out of school on Monday because of snow and ice, so I considered cancelling my sub for Tuesday, but decided not to later Monday. Robert (my brother in law) had planned to keep the girls Tuesday after all, so I was going to hang out with them and mom was going to go into work. Well, early Tuesday my mom came in to wake me up and let me know that my dad had been in a car accident on his way to Atlanta.

The details:
  • I was there, so all I had to do was throw on some jeans and a t-shirt and I was able to ride with mom to the hospital in Anniston where dad was. We left about 15 minutes after she woke me up.
  • Robert was there to take care of the girls, so that wasn't an issue.
  • The car dad hit had hit a retaining wall on the interstate and spun out. It was horizontally covering the middle lane. When dad hit the driver's side, the driver had just gotten out of the car to check on the damage. Had he been in his car he would have been critically injured. Both cars were totaled.
  • Dad called mom complaining of chest pains, so we were expecting the worst. Thankfully we were able to leave about 15 minutes after we got to the hospital because he had only suffered some bruising. They were able to give him something for the pain and discharge him.

I have no doubt that my God was in the details that morning. He provided protection for what could have been a horrible situation and for that I am beyond thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment