Sunday, January 2, 2011

New

I love new things... new clothes, new friends, new experiences, etc. so over the past few years I have really grown to love January as the start of a new year. It is an opportunity to learn from the past, correct mistakes, try new things, and resolve to do everything bigger and better in the upcoming year. I have been creating a list of all of the things I want to do before I turn 30 in August (that I will share in a later post) and I am excited about the possibility of doing some of these new things this year. I have also been looking at scripture that uses the word "new". Here are a few of my favorites:

"Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things." - Psalm 98:1

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22-23

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

My prayer for you is that you will strive to make 2011 your best year yet by seeking God's guidance as we begin this new year. What can you do differently this year? What can you do better? Happy NEW Year!

And, just in case you were wondering, I used the word "new" 16 times in this post.

1 comment:

  1. I WAS wondering that! Thanks for not making me count :)

    ReplyDelete