Sunday, December 5, 2010

Inspiration



I have to give some shout outs to two friends who I am soooo proud of. I may even be inspired to join them, which is huge for me! Both of these girls have trained for a 5k in the past few months.

Keri is a girl I teach with. We taught across the hall from each other for 2 years, and I was beyond blessed to have her there with me. She is a constant encouragement as a friend, and a fellow Weight Watcher. Keri used the site http://www.runningintoshape.com/ to prepare for her first 5k, that she completed this past Saturday. I love this picture of her in action!

Julie is a friend that I met through church. She is one of those people that I met for the first time and thought "We will be good friends!". She did "Couch to 5k" and is now training for a half marathon (yes, that is 13.1 miles). She ran a 10k on Thanksgiving morning and she continues to build up the miles to prepare for the Mercedes Marathon in February. This a picture of the two of us together this past summer.

Keri will also be running on a team in the Mercedes Marathon, along with lots of other teachers from our school. I will also be there... on the sidelines... to cheer them on.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Last December, I never thought I could run a quarter of a mile, but here I am at 6 miles! I have many people encouraging me through my training(s)! I promise to encourage you if you decide to train for a 5K! I look forward to us running together for fun!! I am honored that I inspire you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete