Thursday, December 23, 2010

Through the Eyes of a Child

Ever since my oldest niece was born I have loved the opportunity to experience things through her eyes. It is so much fun to see her reaction to things that I don't really get excited about anymore, such as playing in the sand at the beach, swinging at the park, baking cookies, going to Target, etc. This is one reason why I was so excited for Christmas this year. Carson turned 3 in August and this is the first year where she really understands what's going on and has been so excited about all things Christmas. She almost went into shock when they got out all of their decorations this year and she has loved all of the Christmas lights. Ashley, Robert, Carson, and Maggie headed out to Texas this morning to spend Christmas with Robert's family. While I will miss getting to be with them Christmas day we have been able to do some really fun things this holiday season.
1. Ashley, Robert, Carson, and Maggie came to visit my class at school. Carson sat in my chair at the front of the room, crossed her legs and began to read them a Christmas book she brought. Then she sang a few songs and asked, "Hey guys, what do you want for Christmas?"
2. Carson had a program at school where they sang several songs about Jesus' birthday. She gave several shout-outs mid performance and took a bow after each song.
3. Ashley, mom, Carson and I went to see the Polar Express at the IMAX theater this past Sunday afternoon. We wore our pajamas and got to have chocolate milk and cookies after the movie. I loved getting to watch Carson's reaction to the huge screen!
4. Last night we celebrated with Ashley's family and got to give the kids their presents. Carson was soooo excited and at one point exclaimed, "Oh my goodness!". I can only imagine what her reaction will be on Saturday morning when she sees what Santa brought her.

No comments:

Post a Comment