Saturday, February 13, 2010

Continuously Entertained by a 2 Year Old

For those of you who don't know... I have the absolute most adorable 2 year old niece. I love her soooo much and am having so much fun watching her grow, explore, and learn. She is already so smart and funny and I love any time I get to spend with her because I am sure to be humored or amazed by her! Here are a few things that have made me laugh...
I was baby-sitting her one night and decided to get us a cupcake to split. I promised her some of the cupcake once she finished her dinner. After she finished eating, I cut the side off the cupcake (definitely not half) and excitedly presented it to her. She looked back at me with furrowed eyebrows and said, "Awww, little baby". Ashley said she woke up the next morning looking for Aunt Merty, but I thought she was most likely looking for the rest of that cupcake that I gypped her.
Yesterday we were reading a book together and it talked about how an elephant uses its trunk to take a bath. I commented on this and she adamantly responded, "NOOO, I Not take a nap." I tried to explain that I had said "bath" not "nap", but she cut me off by putting her hand over my mouth and saying, "No more talking."
Also, this past summer when we were at the beach, Ashley asked if she wanted to get in the kiddie pool. She responded with "Meow", obviously thinking that this was a pool for kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment