Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Typically, Valentine's Day is for sappy couples who feel the need to display their love for one another in all types of public places, thus making the rest of us nauseous and a little uncomfortable. It is also a day for heart-shaped boxes of mystery chocolates, where you continuously risk biting into something with an odd pink filling in the search for the one lone caramel center.
But it is also the day of "Love", so I wanted to share with you some of the people that I love:
1. God is teaching me soooo much about his unconditional love that cannot ever be matched by any other relationship. I am learning more about deepening my relationship with Him.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39
2. My family is amazingly supportive, encouraging, and loving. I consider myself so blessed to have close relationships with my family, especially my mom and sister. (See also - "Constantly Entertained by a 2 Year Old")
3. My friends keep me laughing and smiling. I have been fortunate to make and keep friendships from all different points in my life. I still keep in touch with friends I made in middle/high school and look forward to seeing them. No matter how much time has passed, it is like we just saw each other the day before. I made some great friends in college and now have more recent friendships with people from church or school. God has blessed me with a great support system.
4. I love my job and my co-workers. I look forward to going to work each day because I have such an amazing opportunity to see kids learn and grow. My job is made that much better by the people that I work with on a daily basis. They keep me sane when things get a little chaotic.

So, make sure you tell your friends, family, co-workers, etc. how much you love them and appreciate the impact they have made/are making on your life. Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: