Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Power of Jesus

God has really been speaking to me through my Bible study lately, so I wanted to share a few things that I read this past week. I have LOVED this workbook, so if you are looking for a good Bible study, I highly recommend this one ("Experiencing the Heart of Jesus" by Max Lucado) This week has been about the power of Jesus. I read the prayer that started off the week over and over because it was so accurate and well-put:
Dear Father, Your power is greater than my every need, than my every fear. Your power has conquered sin and death. Teach me to rest confidently in your strong hands. Help me to rely on your power, and when I do not understand why things are happening, show me how Jesus can meet me at the point of my greatest weakness with his perfect power.
Here are some other things that spoken to me this week:
"What I have in God is greater than what I don't have in life."
"Faith is a conviction that He can, and a hope that He will."
"God's help is near and always available, but it is only given to those who seek it."
"Without faith no one can please God. Anyone who comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who truly want to find him." - Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment