Monday, May 10, 2010

Say It Ain't So...

Well, I was going to update you all yesterday, but I just could not believe that the scales were correct, so I decided to weigh again this morning to give you a more accurate update. In reality, I decided to weigh again this morning because there was no way I was going to accept that I had gained 3.4 pounds last week. No way, uh uh, not buyin' it. Well, as I figured, according to the scales this morning, I lost 2.6 pounds yesterday. So, as you can see, something is wrong with my scales. Basically I really don't know what my current weight is, but here are the things I do know:
1) I have really cut back on drinking cokes. I am trying to force myself to drink more water, which means I have been going to the bathroom lots. I feel like it is flushing my body of lots of bad stuff, which is good because I LOVE to clean things out, so why not clean out my body? I have even considered doing one of those acai cleanse thingies, but feel like I would need to be bathroom accessible for at least 48 hours.
2) I still hate to exercise (which is why I have easily justified not doing it over the past 2 days), but when I do it, I feel better knowing I have sweated and burned a few calories. I even went on a hike with my brother on Sunday. It was great (for the first 30 minutes) until he decided to cut off the path and hike up a straight incline. Seeing as I am not an outdoorsy girl, I have no "gear", which meant that he was easily maneuvering over roots, boulders, etc. in his hiking boots, while I was clumsily stumbling around in my New Balances. But, we had fun and the weather was perfect.
3) I am really trying to do better about snacking. For some reason, I think that 22 handfuls of different foods = zero points. This afternoon I was really hungry when I got home, so I ate a few pretzels, some chocolate chips, a bite or two of english peas, and a Tootsie pop. Gotta do better about that.
I will keep ya posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment