Wednesday, May 26, 2010

School's Out For Summer!

I cannot believe it is already the end of my 4th year of teaching. It really does seem like I just met my students and their parents. I have had a great year and honestly LOVE this group of kids. I am sad to see them go, but I am also looking forward to the break. My students this year have been the most unique group of kids and I have really loved seeing all of their different personalities in action. Tomorrow is their last day with me and then I will go in on Friday to close out and then I will peel out of the parking lot while singing "Looks Like We Made It" at the top of my lungs.

Here are a few things I am looking most forward to this summer:
1. Working as a counselor at Camp Smile-A-Mile
2. Spending time with Carson (my niece)
3. The arrival of my second niece, Maggie!
4. Reading the 863 books I have bought over the past few months
5. Two beach trips (One with my sis and her family and the other one with some sweet friends from school)
6. Sleeping in and getting to eat breakfast (especially cereal with fresh peaches) while watching the Today show
7. Not hearing "Ms. Meadows, Ms. Meadows, Ms. Meadows" 82 kajillion times a day
8. Getting to spend time with one of my favorite students from this year. It will be fun to get to play with her and just have fun outside of school!
9. Hanging out with friends that I never get to see
10. Not having to worry about 26 other people for 8 hours of my day

I LOVE my job... especially right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment