Sunday, March 6, 2011

#1 - Check (Well, sort of)

A week ago my younger brother from another mother, Perry, told me that he had a surprise for me this week. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but would only say he was going to take me somewhere to cross something off my list. So after meticulously looking over my list I met up with him this past Thursday to go on this adventure. We had dinner and then headed off to... The Bass Pro Shop. It took me a while to figure out where we were headed. When I figured out where we were going, I was quickly able to narrow down my list, as I was pretty sure we would not be doing a cooking class or reading Little Women while there. I figured it had something to do with #1 on my list (shoot a gun), but I wasn't quite sure. After hiking up to the second floor of this ginormous store, we rounded the corner to see...I was so excited to see what Perry had planned out! He gave me some quarters for the arcade style game where you aim for the glowing targets and fire away. Not quite the same as holding a real gun, but so fun (and less dangerous considering how awful my aim was). We had a great time together and I loved that he thought of this and wanted to share in marking something off my list. For those of you that don't know, this is the same amazing young man that I have often mentioned over the past year. It was about a year ago when Perry got some life-changing news and as I spent this time together with him the other night I couldn't help but think of how incredible his story is and how proud I am of him. He is about to finish up his first year at Samford University and looking forward to playing on the football team this coming fall. He is cancer-free, healthy, happy, and loving college, which is exactly how life should be for him right now!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Merty! This is your other Mother, Perry's real Mom! I am so proud of both of you and the bond that you have with both Perry and Bonne, they both love you like a sister!!
    So glad you and Per were able to be together to make some more fun memories! We have been blessed to have you as our "daughter" and also along on the journey this past year! We love you more than you can know!

    ReplyDelete