Saturday, March 19, 2011

#4 - Check (War Eagle!)

I LOVE Auburn (as if you didn't know that already) and there are many reasons why. I have sooooo many great memories in Auburn that started when I was a little girl. Every Saturday in the fall our family would pack up the Astro Van and head to Auburn for gameday. I can remember countless tailgates in front of Funchess Hall. Years later I ended up being a student and experienced "The Loveliest Village on the Plains" in a whole new way. The absolute best year I had as a student at Auburn was 2002 - 2003 when I lived with 4 amazing girls in a fabulous house on Gay Street. I still have days where I would totally move back to that house again if I could. Since we all graduated and moved off to other cities, started families, etc. we don't get to see each other as often as I would like, which is why I decided that #4 on my list this year would have to be a reunion with some of these great Auburn friends. A few girls were unable to make it, but it was still great to visit with Katie, Mary Laura, Sara, and Traci. Last Saturday we met at Sara's house in Montgomery for lunch. We got to catch up and play with everyone's kids. It was so good to hear what has been going on with each of them.
This is us together at Sara's (From left: Mary Laura, Traci and her little girl Amelia, Katie and her little boy Chase, Sara with Dawson, Davis, and Baby Kate who will be here in June, and me).

After lunch, Mary Laura and I headed to Auburn for the afternoon. We got into town and made a quick pitstop to tour our old house (thanks Whitney for letting us walk through). Then we made our way to Toomer's Corner to see how the trees were doing (still standing strong for now). We walked around downtown, browsed some shops, and sipped on Toomer's lemonade. Then we headed to dinner at one of my all time favorite places... Niffer's (Home of the used to be $1, but now $1.50 beer and the best homemade chips and Mexicali dip). I spent the night with ML at her family's lake house and then headed back home on Sunday. It was a great weekend with old friends and a special way to start my Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment