Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#30 (Movies) 4/15 - Check

As part of my list I chose 15 movies to watch this year that I have never seen. I have now seen 4 of them, and I thought you might like to hear my reviews.
1) First up was Psycho. I got the old one from the library, but apparently there is a large DVD theft problem in Shelby County, so I was disappointed when I got home only to find out that the DVD was boobie trapped into the case. I guess I was supposed to have them remove this piece, but I didn't know that, so my friend Lauren and I ended up finding the newer version on one of her movie channels. If you have not seen the 1998 version, DON'T unless you are looking for a good laugh. The famous crazed son who runs the Bates Motel is played by Vince Vaughn (yes, the same guy who starred in Wedding Crashers). Pretty sure when they remade this classic they weren't aiming for the audience to burst into fits of giggles throughout the movie. Needless to say, I give this one an F-.
2) The next one I chose was Breakfast at Tiffany's. I give this a C+. Now let me say in the movie's defense that I sat down to watch this with Lauren on a Sunday afternoon when there was a forecasted blizzard in our area, which if you know anything about Alabama means we were all in a state of panic. I was frantically checking the weather updates and our school's website to see if we would be closed on Monday. Needless to say, I wasn't giving Audrey the attention she deserved. But, the movie was nothing at all like I expceted. It was a little quirky and just plain odd.
3) Next, I watched Doubt, which is the only current movie on my list. This one came out in the past couple of years and won several awards. I give it a B-. It was pretty interesting and really makes you think about how one tiny seed of doubt can flourish in your mind until you are convinced that your assumptions are truth.
4) The last one I have seen so far is The Godfather, and I must say it is by far my favorite so far! I loved this one and want to see the rest of the trilogy now. I was interested in the plot and loved seeing so many actors from their younger days. I give this one an A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment