Sunday, March 6, 2011

Team M

I am on a team at school with three other teachers whose names start with "M" (Melinda, Michelle, and Myra), so we have named ourselves "Team M". I LOVE these sweet friends and am so thankful to spend each school day with them. We laugh, vent, sometimes cry (right, Michelle?), encourage, help, hug, high five, etc. throughout the day. An indication that you love your co-workers is when you want to hang out with them away from your job, which the four of us try to do once a month. They are each older than me with families that I love hearing stories about, and I do my best to keep them young and hip by discussing YouTube videos, the woes of dating, and what Justin Bieber is currently trying out with his hair.

All three of them have done the Couch to 5K this past year. Michelle and Melinda are closer to my running level than Myra who basically bolted off the couch and was running 3 miles within a few short weeks. Michelle and Melinda jumped on this ever-growing bandwagon last fall when they were asked to join a relay team for the Mercedes Marathon (actually I think Michelle agreed to do it and then suckered Melinda into joining her). I think I was also approached about joining a relay team. I later apologized for laughing in that person's face. Of course a few months later I decided to give it a go and I have been so encouraged by my team. I will be starting week 7 out of 9 tomorrow and will be doing my first 5K in Auburn in April.

February 12 - 13 was Mercedes Marathon weekend here in Birmingham, and I was so excited to cheer on my sweet friends. Myra did the 5K on Saturday morning and she finished in 34:22. Then on Sunday morning, Michelle and Melinda ran one of the 5K legs on their relay teams and finished together.
I am so proud of Team M and I can't wait to do a 5K with them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment