Sunday, March 20, 2011

Running Update

I just went to run outside. I hated running outside. I don't like to get that hot. I don't like the way my shins were sending messages to my brain like "Stop running you big dummy. This is way too much pressure for us. We are not ready for this type of physical exertion." How were my shins sending these messages you ask. Simple... by burning with the fire of Hades. How is it possible that I can run for 25 minutes on a treadmill (and by "run" I do mean extremely slow jogging, almost walking) and barely run 1 minute in my neighborhood?

Here are some of the other questions that were going through my mind while I was on my "run":
1. Did I say "run a 5K" on my list? Pretty sure I meant "participate in a 5K... by cheering on others".
2. Could I "run a 5K" at the same time as everyone else, but on a treadmill?
3. If it is this hot in mid-march, will it be in the 200's by July?
4. Why is that man staring at me with such a confused look? Did I just sing Flo'Rida out loud? I thought I was discreetly lipsynching.
5. Would it be awkard if I ran through those people's sprinkler?
6. Can I stop now?

The thing that is really intriguing to me about this whole running deal is that I tend to be a quitter, but I am committed to this for some reason. Usually when something gets hard or uncomfortable or challenging or makes me sweat I don't hesitate to drop it and move on without looking back, but with this all of those things tend to frustrate me and kind of tick me off, which makes me that much more determined to do this even if I don't actually check this off my list until my 40th birthday. Even if I move slower than an 82 year old woman and my shorts are too tight and I sweat more than humanly possible... I am exercising, and that is satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment