Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Conclusions

Well, the first 3 days of my body boot camp have gone pretty well. I have written everything down and stayed in my point range each day. I have walked/jogged (if you can call it jogging) twice this week and am aiming to go 2 more times. Here are some of the conclusions I have drawn over the past 3 days:
1) It is much, much cheaper to be fat. When I went grocery shopping to stock up for this week I was shocked at how much fruits and vegetables cost. Pretty sure my buggy full of Oreos, Doritos, assorted miniature candy bars (because don't we all feel better when we eat 6 mini Twix, as opposed to one regular sized one) was a whole lot cheaper.
2) You fellow Weight Watchers have heard their famous quote, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." What a load of crap. Whoever came up with this wise saying has obviously never had strawberry cake from Edgar's or chocolate pie from Johnny Ray's.
3) The Battle of the Bulge (over the top of my pants) has started back up, and I am determined to win! One of my students loves to touch the flab on people's arms. I was talking about this with my aide earlier today and then wondered why this same child then came up and kept patting my stomach. Hmmm... wait a minute... Ummm is she playing with my stomach flab? Uh yes. Guess my "suck-it-all-in" camisole was not doing its job.
4) I am pretty sure that one of my neighbors comes out to smoke pot in his car around 5 each day. The two days I have been walking he has been sitting in his car that is facing the street with a very large smile on his face and a strange odor wafting from his car.
5) The next 3 days will bring lots of temptations. I have a shower at a wine bar after school tomorrow, a graduation party Friday night, and a cook-out Saturday night. That is a whole lot of cake to turn down... praying that I will have some sort of self-control from deep inside.
I will be sure to check back in after the weekend to let you know how I did and what the scales say!

1 comment:

  1. So, you are again trying to stay accountable by blogging. I can respect that. You are too funny. You better tell the flab-toucher to back off. From what I have heard of your neighbor, his 5 oclock habit sounds about right. Rooting you on over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete