Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am woman, hear me... curse!

So, in keeping with the theme of my previous post, I decided to repair my oven because I don't need no mans to take care a me. The heating element in the bottom of my oven broke a few weeks ago, so I called around and found a place that had a replacement. I went and picked it up last week, but have yet to actually install said replacement. Earlier today I thought about callin up my deddy to come help, but I thought to myself, "Girl, you can do this." So I got out my toolkit and set to figuring out how to select the appropriate sized screw remover. I think that tool might be called a wrench, but I really have no clue. I finally got the right fit and got the two lugnuts (pretty sure that is wrong, too) out. When I proceeded to pull the old part out I felt some resistance. So what's a girl to do? Putcha back into it and yank that sucker out. Well, this would have been fine, except for the fact that I then witnessed a beautiful display of sparks that rivaled 4th of July fireworks. "(Insert choice of four letter words). Hmmm... pretty sure that is not supposed to happen. I should probably stop." So, now I have a broken oven, non-working stovetop, and some singed eyebrows. I think this calls for a Starbucks run!

No comments:

Post a Comment