Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever." - Psalm 107:1

This is my prayer for you and your families as you celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. Today I find myself thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for. I have been thinking back on things I started praying for in January. Some of these prayers have been graciously answered, and some haven't, but I know that my God has perfect timing and I am trusting in Him "for He is good." Here are some of the things I am thankful for:

1. My family: I am so blessed to have a close family that supports me, encourages me, puts up with me, and puts me in my place when I need it. I started praying for my sister and her pregnancy about this time last year and God has blessed her family with another healthy and precious baby girl. I am so thankful for both of my nieces and the time I get to spend with them.

2. My friends: I am so thankful for all of the friends I have been blessed with. I have friends that I have known for years and years that are so special to me. I am also fortunate enough to have some great friends where I work. With the stress that comes with teaching, this is a huge blessing. They keep me laughing and sane... most of the time. And this past year I have met some great new friends through my church. Several of these people have become instant close friends.

3. My God: Over the past year I feel like my relationship with the Lord has been strengthened in amazing ways. I have learned to seek comfort and rest in Him, and He has shown me uncondotional love. I know that everything I have to be thankful for is because of Him, so I want to take time to give Him all the glory for the wonderful blessings He has poured out on me.

In all the chaos of cooking, traveling, visiting, shopping, etc. take time to think about all that you have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving and remember to "give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever!" Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment