Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Poet

So, in my previous post I told you that I had given online dating a try. This has provided constant entertainment for my family. I have learned more about what I want in a relationship and what I definitely DON'T want. It has been an interesting process and I have laughed LOTS at some of the things I have seen and heard.

So, one of the first guys I met seemed nice enough. He was tall and went to my church, so I figured he was worth getting to know. (Yes, I have other criteria in mind, but those seemed like good places to start). We talked for a while through email and phone calls and finally decided to meet... for lunch... at a highly populated restaurant. I should have known better than to prolong the inevitable with this guy, but I figured I should at least meet him in person. Here were some of the red flags that were flying high:

1. When I asked him to tell me something that most people don't know about him he told me that he has a huge collection of snowmen. Me: "Oh, that's kind of cool.... Wait, what? Did you say snowmen?"
2. When I asked him how recent his profile picture was taken he said, "Oh that? That picture is probably 10 years old, but I still look exactly the same."
3. He had two tattoos... green tattoos... because he's Irish... on his forearms.
4. He wrote poems. He wrote me a poem for my birthday, but I could not really understand how I compare to a field of sunflowers.
5. Our lunch date lasted approximately 26 minutes. I think I had more chemistry with our waiter.
6. He insulted the Auburn University... 'nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment